Monday, May 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Rand!

Rand Bradley Peterson was born on May 14, 2009 at 12:03am. He missed having the same birthday as James by 3 minutes. I guess he wanted a day of his own. He weighed 9 pounds 6 ounces and was 22 inches long. Quite the big boy! What I noticed first about him was his huge feet. The outfits I brought to the hospital barely stretch over his long body and newborn socks definently don't fit well. He has dark brown hair and currently he still has blue eyes.



I had an appointment to be induced on Jamesy's birthday but I started into active labor just before Jamesy got home from school. I wanted to have a little family party for Jamesy's birthday before we went in so for an hour we ate cake and icecream and Jamesy opened his presents before we went into the hospital. When I got there I was at a three and my contractions were down to 2-3 minutes apart. It was nice to not have to be induced and I was given an epidural just over an hour after I got there. Rand came faster than I thought, but I wasn't complaining.


Jamesy and Alex came to see baby Rand the next day. Alex brought his special little blanket to give to Rand. From Alex, that means a lot! The boys love little Rand and are very careful with him.


My parents were able to come out for a week to help out. I'm so glad that they did. It was awesome to visit with them and they did so much for us! James and Alex loved showing them how to play the Wii and they had a blast hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa. My parents also brought their dogs to help entertain our dogs too!


Our first family photo! I scared Alex a little because I was still hooked up to an IV and had to wear oxygen for a couple of days. He didn't like to see me hooked up to machines. I am doing really well now though.

Here is Rand on his first day at home. We were both finally released on Saturday evening. I sure was happy to be home! The hospital and the staff there were great, but there is something about coming home.


You can get an idea at how big Rand is compared to five year old Alex. Alex loves rocking baby Rand!

We love you Rand! Welcome to the family!

16 comments:

Kendra Hovingh said...

Mary,
I miss you and your sweet family. All three of your boys look great. I just figured out I dont have your email and i am guessing you dont have mine. I had to resort to reading a blog... It was good I love your blog you just know me and blogs.Take care and let me know your address.
Lots of love,miss you
Kendra

Elizabeth said...

He is so adorable! There's just something about a new baby that is so sweet. I'm glad everything went well. It's fun to see your family. It's hard to believe they're all getting so big.

Amanda said...

What a cutie! :) He is huge! So glad to hear that you are doing well Mary. We miss you!!!!!!!!

Teresa said...

What a beautiful little boy, well maybe not so little!! lol
I am so glad that you are doing well, and that everything went so well for you. Miss you!

Tera said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! You have a beautiful family!! So happy everything is going well. Welcome to the wonderful world of sleepless nights, we still enjoy them occasionally!! We miss you guys feel free to visit anytime, you know you miss us too!

Anonymous said...

MARY!!! You have the three cutest boys in the world! Congratulatons! I'm so glad Rand is here safely, and you are doing fine. Have so much fun! I'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations James and Mary! What a beautiful family! I am so excited to see ya'll this summer. Thanks for the pics and the info about Rand. What a cutie! I can't wait to hold him! I am glad that you both are doing well and that you're home now. Sending lots of hugs your way!
Love,
Jen

Lani said...

Congratulations! That's great that you didn't have to be induced and everything went well. I'm with Rand on having your own day! ;) You all look so good! We miss you!

Terra Cooper said...

Congrats! He looks like he is yours! What a cutie. Hope he sleeps better than mine.

Heather said...

Oh he is so sweet. It makes me miss baby Callan even though he is only 7 months old I still feel as if it was a lifetime ago that he was that little. Congrats on a beautiful family!

Jen said...

We are sooooo happy for you all.
You are such a wonderful family. Madeleine asks a lot about when we are going to get together again. She sure enjoyed playing with your boys. I can't believe how big Rand was. I will celebrate with you that you got to go naturally and not have to be induced. I am glad that all is well and you are all home safe and sound. Keep in touch and if you are ever out this way, we would love to have your family stay for a visit. (Yosemite is just a little ways from here) Take Care!

Bonnie said...

He is Huge! I just love him! I am so glad you are doing well! Call me if you ever have a minute. I would love to chat! I love you!

Juli said...

Congrats! Rand is so little and handsome. I am glad you are all doing well.

Mary and Adam said...

Congrats! Thanks for sharing the great pictures! I've been stalking your blog for this very post to be made! haha

Bonnie said...

Hello Mary it's July!!!! I havn't seen any updated pictures of your sweet little boy! Please, Please post soon! I miss and love you!

Armstrong said...

Congradulations! He is a cutie! Miss you and hope you are enjoying Texas and your new home!