This Lego jet took Jamesy and I a very, very, very long time to build. It took so long that after about two hours into it Jamesy got tired and told me that I could finish it. It went much faster after Jamesy left to do something else because while he was working with me he put every piece together under my direction. For those of you who know me well, I don't have the gift of patience in teaching little children. Once a child is over ten I do much better. The reason we were working that way is because "that is how daddy helps me"! My husband is so much more patient and is willing to take all the time in the world to finish a one on one project with either of his boys. I could learn a lot from him. I decided to do it his way and actually did pretty well. The only thing I need to learn now is letting go of something that took over three hours to make. Today, Jamesy brought the jet into me and asked if I could help him take it apart so that he could build whatever he wanted without instructions. I let him do it and even helped him take apart all of our hard work.
I can't wait until James gets home this summer, so he can take over Lego duty!
3 comments:
Arn't legos so fun!! .... in the box that is!!!
No, seriously, they are fun and we have made a snake. It took all of conference session!
Too cool! Wow James looks so grown up. I keep forgetting that he is a 6 year old. You are such a great mom! I will be glad when James is home so your family will be complete!
Fun! I'm impressed!
Post a Comment